U.S. Embassy Banjul Holds Video Conference On Obama Administration
The Embassy of the United States of America in Banjul on Thursday, January 29 held a Digital Video Conference (DVC) on the new administration of President Barack H. Obama, at the Embassy premises on Kairaba Avenue, The Gambia.
This DVC show attracted more than a dozen of leaders of Gambian political parties, civil society leaders and media representatives, who watched Dr. Steven Ekovich, an erudite figure in America’s political history, who facilitated the conference.The Newly appointed Gambian Ambassador to Washington Mrs. Neneh Macdouall-Gaye, who until her new appointment was working as the Managing Director of the pro-government newspaper Daily Observer, also attended the conference. The guest speaker Dr Ekovick gave an interesting overview of President Obama’s administration, his vision and reform policies for America, both short-term and long-term.
The video conference provided a platform for the politicians and other guests to reflect on President Obama’s policies and broad programs of redeeming the ailing American economy. They also welcomed Obama’s approach to global challenges through multilateralism - a direct opposite to his predecessors approach to contemporary issues around the world, including the Middle East crisis, Zimbabwe, among others.
At the end of the discussions, it was obvious that the politicians and other shakers of Gambian politics are hopeful of a brighter future for America and peaceful world under the leadership of President Obama.
- Jazz Appreciation month celebrated at the Ambassador’s Residence
- Re-Launching of new website
- Ambassador Wells Hosts Luncheon for Embassy Wardens
- Milling Machine Handover Ceremony at Sohm Village
- Arabic School Handover Ceremony at Julanfari Village
- 2008 International Women of Courage Award Luncheon
- Town Hall Meeting and Pot Luck Dinner
- Black History Month Essay Competition Award Ceremony
- Sky Gallegos Speaks on U.S. Presidential Elections
- Peace Corps Volunteers Plant Mangrove at James Island
- US Embassy Banjul Holds Poster Exhibit On Democracy
- US Embassy Banjul Observes US Presidential Election Night
- DV Conference on Violence Against Women
- US Embassy Banjul Political Officer Awareness Compaign
- VOA Launched at Private Station
- US Embassy Holds Video Conference On Obama Administration
- 'Dreams From My Father' interests Gambians
- Black History Month Essay Competition Award Ceremony 2009
- Presentation of Ambassador's Special Self-Help (SSH) Program Checks to local communities
- Ambassador Wells Hosts Classical Piano Concerts
- Ambassador Wells Visits the Foundation for Disabled People
- Ambassador's Cultural Preservation Fund - May 04, 2009
- US Embassy Sponsors Launch of The University of The Gambia Debate Team - May 06, 2009
- Training for Journalists and Students on Internet Search strategies - May 02 - 03, 2009
- The President's Forum With Young African Leaders
- US Embassy Hosts Iftar Dinner
- Embassy Visits Sifoe Village
- Iftar In The Gambia