AMERICAN CITIZEN SERVICES
Messages for U.S. Citizens
Messages are sent to Americans and contain safety or travel information for citizens abroad. Messages are issued from the Department of State and are communicated to overseas citizens through Embassies and Consulates. Messages may be issued worldwide, regionally, or just in one specific country.
What is a Warden?
Wardens are private
Who receives Messages?
The Consular Office attempts to contact all enrolled
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Anti-Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rally (Dec 9, 2014)
- Final Opportunities to Return Voting Ballots 22 October 2014
- Worldwide Caution October 21, 2014
- Absentee Voting Week is September 29-October 6
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Entry Restrictions for The Gambia due to Ebola Virus Disease (September 5, 2014)
- Routine Message for U.S. Citizens: Passport Renewals (August 14, 2014)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) (August 5, 2014)
- U.S. Citizens In The Gambia Missing One Year
- Bank, Credit, and Debit Card Scams (May 23, 2014)
- Message for U.S Citizens: Land Border Closure (April 23, 2014)
- Message for U.S. Citizens: Upcoming Holidays (October 11, 2013)
- Worldwide Caution (February 19, 2013)
- Events in Mali and Effects on Neighboring Countries (January 17, 2013)
- Worldwide Caution (July 18, 2012)
- Message for U.S. Citizens - The Gambia (September 5, 2012)
- Message for American Citizens: Travel Alert - Senegal (March 02, 2012)
- Message for American Citizens - The Gambia (February 1, 2012)
- Worldwide Caution (January 24, 2012)
- Message for American Voters: 2012 Election Cycle - Begins Now (December 14, 2011)
- Message for American Citizens: Travel Alert – Senegal (December 12, 2011)
- ACS Appointment System (September 6, 2011)
- Worldwide Caution (August 17, 2010)
- Recent Violence in Cassamance (June 25, 2008)
- Warden Message (September 20, 2006)
- The Gambia's Southern Border (May 12, 2006)
INFORMATION FOR US CITIZENS
Travel Information for LGBT
ACS Hours and Contact
U.S. Embassy Banjul is located at
92 Kairaba Avenue in Fajara,
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Telephone: +(220) 439-2856 or
+(220) 437-6169 ext. 2130
All routine consular services are provided by appointment only to all U.S. citizens visiting or residing in The Gambia.
APPOINTMENTS: Please click here to schedule an appointment for all U.S. passport, Report of Birth Abroad, Notary or other Consular Services.
American and Gambian public holidays
Official Exchange Rate: D43.00 dalasis = U.S. $1.00
(Updated August 26, 2014)